Introduction of Yonezawa Group
We are interested in research about software in general. Currently, we focus on the following themes:
- Programming language
- System software
- Parallel distributed system.
For example, we are working on the following topics:
- Advanced software using virtual execution environments
- System software blocking attack from computer-virus and spyware by analyzing and monitoring behavior of programs.
- C compiler generating safe programs
- Information flow analysis for preventing leakage of sensitive information
- Building an operating system with a typed assembly language
- Verification of software safety with proof assistants
- Dynamically reconfigurable infrastructure software for widely distributed computing (e.g., Grid and P2P).
In order to grease the wheels, our group has a lot of high-performance computers with high-speed network connections that are freely available for the members of our group. Our group also has devices necessary for the research.